2011年8月9日火曜日

Hakone School of Geisha

I saw Nagauta teacher and some of the geishas who are taking lessons at Hakone School of Geisha.

The building of the School, called Kenban, became famous this February, after it was introduced in a famous TV show called 'Before After, ' where Kenban was renovated neatly.
After the broadcast of the program, many people came visit Kenban, until 3.11.
Nowadays, tourists are gradually coming back.
It is summer holiday, so there are many family tourists around despite the severe summer heat.

I am lucky to be there after Kenban was renovated. 
In the TV show it was said that the second floor was almost about to collapse without some reinforcement during the reform. 

Now I was there, given the lesson of Nagauta shamisen and song.  I played a piece called `Shima-no Senzai’by ear.
I was applauded by geishas there, saying, ‘You sounded professional!’
Well, I used to be. 

It seems that I have passed the test successfully.
They told me that my debut will be on the next new year’s occasion.  They asked me to sing rather than play shamisen, although they said it was difficult to decide which part is better for me.

Geisha’s I met so far were good people.  They taught me the rules there and how to behave polite.  One leading geisha kindly taught me the names of the phrases I must practice for each months--which means there are more than 12 short pieces.

And especially Mother seems to me thoughtful woman.

After I took two days lesson, Mother e-mailed me.
‘Hello, it was good to hear that you successfully got homework!
You don’t need to hurry, but try hard to master all of them.

You said you had trouble with elder geishas when you played shamisen for them.  People here live in a small world, so you may get slandered by some trivial things.  But don’t worry too much and do what you must do.
There are many good persons, too.  If you were in trouble, just consult me or K-san or Y-san!
Everyone is interested in you and try to ask you many things and may whisper behind your back.
Much more so when you are so excellent!
Just smile and be polite.  Ask anyone when you have question.
K-san and Y-san think you are very promising..  So I hope you will do your best for those lessons.
Please take care and enjoy your lesson.’

The lessons will resume on 23'rd.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿