2012年6月11日月曜日

Attractive Geisha

It's almost 9 months since I started being Hakone Geisha.
Now I seem to used to the working style here but still I am a beginner.

The above is the picture when I was interviewed by a Brazilian TV crew.
I danced two pieces, and played shamisen for Cha-cha-san's dance in front of cameras.
More details to come for this story...

Another Okiya mother, Atsumi-san helped me wear makeup and costume for this occasion.
She is Okiya mother and one of the top geishas at the same time.  She is also, one of the best dancers among us Hakone Geisha.  But she is always friendly and helpful.
She has a great deal of experiences and entertainment skills as a geisha.
The groups of clients are always cheerful when she is there entertaining.
I saw her once, taking off her wig (the one like I am wearing) and let clients wear it...

Every night, we geisha's are usually not informed about the detail of whom we are going to entertain, nor who will be the member of geisha team, except for very important information for us to know in advance.  We are usually told the time and the place where we are going.
Sometimes, even my Okiya mother has no advance information about the client,  for example, when the client didn't inform our office in detail.
I was once surprised to play kokyu for ex-members of Joshi-Juni Gakubo, once a popular Chinese musician group.  No one didn't informed me that I am going to play for the elite Chinese musicians. 

Usually, the most senior geisha girl will be appointed as the team leader of the night.
She is in charge of every activities in the party, like making drinks, show time for dance and music, and usually, asking for let us all attend after-party.

When the leader geisha is a skillful entertainer, meeting clients interests (there are various requests like watching dance, sing with shamisen accompaniment, playing special games, and so on), it will become very lively and delightful time.
We are also happy when the clients enjoyed the time together.

When I started my career as a geisha, I soon learned that geishas must be a good karaoke singer, too.
An attractive geishas always know how to make clients happy by being a good accompany singer of karaoke.

And an attractive geishas here in Hakone know how to handle some of the rude clients in a refined manner.

I have a lot to learn.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿