2012年2月7日火曜日

Dance Performance

After passing the musician test, I was decided to take dance lessons.

As a musician playing shamisen and singing songs,

I seldom had chance to dance for clients.

But, since I used to grow up being a dancer,

I love to dance...

The other day,  I had a chance to work with another musician.

She is also a good dancer, too.

I asked her to play and sing for me for a piece.

She successfully played a piece for me with my shamisen, 

and after my performance, I played shamisen for her dance.

So that was my only chane so far dancing during the job as a geisha.


However, I was asked to dance with other geishas in August,

at Kokuritsu Theater.

I had been declining--mainly because it cost a lot...no one but herself sponcers for

all the expenses when we dance on stage.

But finally, I made up my mind to join them after consulting my Okiya mother.

She encouraged me to dance if it was my wish to do so.

Among the 6 members, 3 of them including me have Fujima school name (natori),

teaching dance to other younger geisha girls.

I also started teaching dance to my okiya members when they asked me to.

I was happy about it, and when I told several clients that

I was going to dance in Kokuritsu Theater in summer,

they requested me to send them tickets...

even before I hardly started dance lessons for the performance.

I will going to take dance test at the end of this month.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿